Sunday, July 12, 2009

living on a prayer...


Last day, I was on a bus. At first, it looks as if everything’s okay. I did the things I usually do. I started my trip with a prayer, hoping that I will arrive safely at my destination. I won’t let the rough road which is always under construction makes me mad so I let myself sleep for a while since it will going to be a long trip.

The deafening voice of the passengers woke me up. Because I fall asleep, I am still in the process of summarizing the whole story. But whoah, they are talking about bombing and someone is being ambushed. All the buses bound to Davao oriental and going to Davao are all trapped and advice not to go on because the ‘crime scene’ is still in the process of clearing by some soldiers and police.

I’m trying to calm myself because panic won’t help solve what’s happening. But I’m already losing my self control when I saw one old couple who choose to go back to Davao and won’t want to risk losing their life. Without doubt, I started to call all the saints that could help and gave us safety.

We are stranded for about thirty minutes in a terminal sharing exaggerated stories about the bombing and the civilians involved. People really love to talk exaggerated stories. Kaya hindi umaasenso ang pilipinas. When the crime scene is already cleared, we started again our journey. This journey differs from my past journey because it might be the end of the world. I’d rather choose to see a witch than die. I started to fill my sense of beautiful things to make myself calm.

Even though it is already cleared, it was still no assurance that we are totally safe. I remember a story that people ensure all the lights in a certain area are turned off to prevent them from being seen. No one knows that behind the dark road due to black out is a full assurance of safety.

To make this story short, I arrive at my destination, safe and sound but with a little bit of fright. But I know lord God won’t let bad things happen. Just live your life with a prayer and you can at lease help things from happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment