Friday, December 26, 2008

is it worthy???!!!

Think about your approved/proposed systems, is it worth the three or more years of learning you get from the university? Describe how you arrive with this proposal.



Four years of learning was really a true help in boosting our hidden knowledge. The question now is am I using this knowledge?

I was struck by the way I uses my knowledge. It made me idiot when my teacher keeps on repeating our proposed system all the time during our SAD1 class. (Maka hurt baya to. ) He keeps on saying that our proposed system is not worth the three years of learning we get from the university. For more than three years of learning information technology I have already acquired different types of knowledge related to IT (programming, creating and designing systems). We have been taught such knowledge that leads to the development of new ideas, skills, and understanding. We are task to look for a company and proposed system (as a requirement for SAD1 subject). Our group looks for a company that can help us in completing this requirement. We encounter such series of group meetings for us to plan better. At first, our group decided to take Legacy Group as our company we have decided to propose a cashiering system for them to be more at ease when they are doing their work. Our proposed system was already approved by Ma’am Tammy but suddenly Legacy Group told us that they cannot entertain us because they are too busy. It was sad news but we then find another company. We decided to take Barangay Hall of Buhangin (as a last resort). When we conducted an interview there, the group then realized that we need to propose a much bigger system (I think) because the system we suggested comprises of subsystems. For me, it will be a huge responsibility for us, to think that the system we will be creating is a big one.

But I am still in a doubt if we can completely create, design and implement the system. Even if we are on our fourth year in the institute, we are still in the level of challenging our self in completing systems. Jade, one of my classmates was right when he said that coding is a little bit difficult. But our teacher was also right that IC students in USEP must be capable of doing these things. We are known to be globally competitive students, how can we find job outside the school when we don’t manage to create just a small system?

Learning takes place when we learn. When we keep on circling on the same circle we are bound to fail. How can we make it to the top if we won’t try making risks? I now that I am still afraid of taking risks for I don’t want to be held responsible if problem come. I don’t want to take risks because I am afraid that we can’t complete the system we proposed. But I was born as a globally competitive person. Maybe our group needs an assembly for us to come up on a more perfect idea. Given an option that the proposed system should be web ready for a more challenge work, it still remain as an option to our group because we think that it is more difficult. But we are working on it. We just need to freshen up our mind and have some Christmas vacation…

No comments:

Post a Comment